Friday, October 22, 2010

Week 7

This week I started to turn my research into something visual by creating mock up brochure covers. During this process, I explored colors and different texts. The brochures can be seen below:



After this exploration, I determined that I was happiest with the one that did not use a photograph. While I think that scenery and depicting the colors that will be seen from inside the train looking out, I do not think that using a photograph is giving me the mood that I am looking for in my design. Rather, I would like to further explore using text only and possibly adding illustrations to later iterations. When using text only, it is essential that I create the mood with the text. I will do this by hand drawing some of my text so that I can add tiny details such as curved and delicate line work. Since I want the feeling of my train to be elegant and comfortable, my font will need to display this. I am in the process of designing some text now and I hope to  be able to scan it in and play around with formatting this weekend.

IP work done this week: Worked on brochures (6 hours)

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!

    I'm so glad you started working on those brochures. I can't wait to see them in person and have a conversation. Try and flush out as many ideas as you can - I'm sure you understand the importance of having lots of ideas to edit and use as starting points for iterations. I like that you're considering the mood and how the text and imagery will effect it... I say if you are feeling strongly about one direction - make more variations of that, and we can go from there.

    I look forward to seeing more- and I hope we can check in soon about these brochures.
    See you tomorrow-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete