Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 6

This week I spent most of my time working on my midterm proposal. One of my main focuses for the midterm proposal was understanding my audience. After many discussions and reflections on my project idea, I determined that my IP project is directed a specific group of people and culture. Recognizing this group of people has and will continue to help in determining future design elements and decisions.

This week I also researched the Michigan Central Railroad. I was interested in this railroad because it was an important railroad line that used to run within Michigan. Further, one of the train depots is located in Northern Michigan in a town called Charlevoix. It was interesting to learn about the type of public transportation that used to run within Michigan and its contribution to the state. Since it is no longer running, I hope that my IP project will both bring back memories and show what train transportation could be if it ran again.

My goal for next week is to start putting my research into some type of visual format. I will start doing this by creating design briefs for two different trains (a commuter train and a site seeing train). I will list materials needed for the inside of each of these trains and compare/ contrast how they would be similar and different. These briefs will contain dummy content and will focus primarily on color and fonts in attempt to establish a tone for both my train and the northern Michigan culture.

IP work done this week: worked on proposal (2.5 hrs), continued artist and train research (1.5 hr), began design brief mock up sketches (4 hrs), logo sketches (2 hrs).

No comments:

Post a Comment